Many good things this week- some not as great things. Just another week in the life…
- My daughter won an Scholastic Silver Key award for poetry, so we went to the ceremony. I never tire of seeing my daughter win an award
- I usually have a relaxing bath on Sunday nights, but I’ve been able to do it for awhile- luckily, I got to do it this week!
- Going through my spring wardrobe and getting rid of some things I don’t ever plan on wearing again.
- Gloria Bell movie in theaters. Finally a movie about a 50 something woman and what it’s like to be divorced and an empty nester and what it feels like. Great Julianne Moore
- Queer Eye on Netflix. The guys crack me up. They make people feel good about themselves. We all need a dose of that.
- Coffee with my friend- this is always a good point of any week! It was a little reminiscent because it is the Mom of my daughter’s best friend, who has been my closest city friend, and with whom I never would have survived being a parent in the NYC school system all these years
- My daughter actually got into an Ivy League school- this is a bit surreal, but is actually not in the running to go to because she likes other schools better
- saw Queen cover band “Almost Queen” ( can you imagine how excited a Queen cover band was to see a biopic about Freddy Mercury do so well at the box office) I spent a night singing along to Queen songs….seriously fun
- My daughter informed us that she got into one of her top choice colleges
- Wonderful lunch with one of my favorite people. You know how you have some people in your life that you just connect to? Yeah- when it works it’s wonderful!
- The friend I met for lunch- well- we were wearing the same motorcycle boots ( and no neither of us actually owns a motorcycle) so of course there is truth to great minds think alike…
- Book Club- we read Laura Childs “Death by Darjeeling” The first book in the Theodosia Browning tea shop mystery series. A few weeks ago I touched on series/sequels. In reading the first book in a series, I noticed all the things she does to set up her characters for future books, including ending where she is about to go on a first date… I read this as part of my tea book club, so our Tea infused leader was a little leery of her tea shop etiquette, but otherwise a very fun read
- Last week I discovered a NY Public Library of the Performing Arts. I also discovered that they do over 200 free concerts a year in the auditorium at this space. So I went to see a lovely concert of music by HAndel, Brahms, Schubert, Shostakovich ad Paganini-Meshibovsky- done in duos and trios featuring piano, violin, clarinet and a soprano. Really wonderful-
- Texting/emailing good friends who live far away- there is nothing better to cap off my day than talking to the people I love most in the world!
Up this week- college/admissions/the scandal….