Today is Post 100! I can’t believe that I have written 100 posts! In honor of this momentous occasion, I am giving you a list. These are a jumble of my thoughts about this blogging process.
- I thought I would be writing about the process of aging. I realized that I’m not afraid of getting older- and I’m actually not that bothered by it. I just don’t like the fact that it takes me 20 minutes to stand up.
- My writing has gotten better since my early posts- at least I hope so- please tell me I’m a better writer now
- I can be funny, clever, thought provoking, sad, angry and reflective- often in the same post. I hope my writing elicits some sort of emotion. And laughing at me is perfectly fine…I live with a teenager- I’m used to it
- I’m making good strides on my novel. This is thanks to a fellow blogger. I was telling him the problems I was having telling my story, and he said “Dumbass” (Ok- he didn’t say that- but I know he was thinking it) you’re an organized person. Write and org chart for what each chapter of the novel should cover. Then write the scenes.”
- I heard my daughter say to my husband- “We have to dial down the stupid. Everything we do could be a blog” So remember, when I tell you a story about them- they have dialed down the stupid……take that for what it’s worth
- I have met some amazing people through the blogging process. It amazes me that I have found kindred spirits from all over the world, and from 20 blocks away. I am a better person for crossing paths with all of you. Ok- I was pretty low on the humanity scale before, so don’t be too proud……
- Most stories are still person vs person, person vs nature and person vs themselves. But we all manage to tell our stories in different and unique ways. Except for all the new books I’ve read that retell Jane Austen books. It’s time to give those a rest.
- I love and look forward to writing every day. No joke, no sarcasm. This is a highlight of my day.
- What is not a highlight of my day is my present relationship with WordPress. WP keeps telling me its my fault. I think we share the blame….but I’m easy going like that.
- I love reading all your blogs! Each and every one of you inspire me every day, with your courage, strength, wit, humor, creativity….I could go on. Your spirit and attitude is contagious. All your posts make me think, and expand my mind. This is what keeps us young. This is what keeps us living.
- I know I play fast and loose with punctuation and grammar. I don’t care. I’m so structured in every thing else I do. This is my space to safely push the boundaries.
I could probably go on, but need to leave something for the 200 postaversary.
Thanks for reading me! I truly appreciate it, and all the wonderful comments and feedback!