I would like to thank http://inspirationpie.com/?author=1 for presenting me with the Real Neat tag! If you do not follow her blog, please check it out. She is an amazing book reviewer, and writer in general!
I am WAY behind on tags! Pesky vacation gets in the way again- but if you’ve nominated me- no fear- they will be appearing soon!
Okay, the rules for sharing the Real Neat Blog Award:
• Display the award logo on your blog.
• Thank the folks who nominated you and provide links to their blogs.
• Answer the seven questions asked by your nominator(s).
• Nominate any number of other bloggers to share the award and give them some linky love.
• Notify the nominated folk.
• Ask your nominees seven questions of your own
And here’s my questions for you:
1. What is your favorite genre? My taste is all over the place, but I gravitate towards what would be considered Women’s Fiction. I like when books have characters similar to me, ie fabulous. Oh wait- I mean middle aged, or technically, of a certain age, as when I looked under the tag middle aged the other day, someone who is 24 had written a post….
2. What is the last book you read that you gave 5 Stars and what did you love about it?
On principle, I rarely give out 5 starts to anything. I have yet to find anything utterly perfect. But a close to 5 review would be “The Children Act” by Ian Mc Ewan. I thought this book was fantastic because it made me think. The highest compliment I can give anything is “thought provoking”. If something makes me think in a different way, or in a new way, I am hooked. The protagonist was an intelligent woman, of a certain age- but it was so much more than that. It brought up social issues, religious issues, family issues. It was also beautifully written- gorgeous prose. I wish I could write as well.
3. Who is your favorite author?
All time- Jane Austen. She was a genius at deciphering personality types. And her characters were witty and intelligent. Contemporary- I used to LOVE Susan Isaacs, and presently I love Liane Moriarty. They are Austen like to me – they feature strong, intelligent female characters. The writing is witty and clever. Again- I wish I could write characters as well as they do.
4. What keeps you from attaining your goals?
I am fairly goal oriented, but I am also blazingly realistic. I’m presently working on a novel. I will say my self doubt abut my writing ability is stopping me. I write things and I am never satisfied- I am constantly reworking sentences and paragraphs looking for the perfect words. I want to be clever 100% of the time, and realistically, I don’t think that is possible.
5. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Accepting an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay. Seriously- working on another novel. Still living in New York. A content empty nester figuring out how to help my daughter pay for law school.
6. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Meeting and communicating with other bloggers. I have had the opportunity to chat with amazing people. The gift of the internet is a bunch of people from all over the world, chatting about a topic. Learning about cultures and people that might be impossible under any other circumstance.
7. How do you start off your morning?
My days have different patterns during the year, due to all sorts of things, but for the most part, I check the weather, check texts, check personal email and read for 10 minutes. Then it’s either gym, walk dog, shower, or help my daughter with breakfast/lunch preparation.
My questions are as follows:
- What song motivates you ?
- Coffee or tea? And when do you enjoy it most?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Favorite movie adaptation of a book and why?
- What would you want to tell your teenage self?
- What is your favorite vacation memory?
- Do you have a nighttime ritual and if so, what is it?
I nominate the following awesome bloggers!
I have chosen blogs that I would love to get to know better, but as always, participation is optional. This is supposed to be fun, not torture. If you don’t want to do it, no harm, no foul.