I would like to thank http://inspirationpie.com/?author=1for nominating me for the Liebster award. Vacation, and life, got in the way of me answering sooner!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Give them 11 questions to answerSo here are my 11 questions for my nominees!
Here are the questions given to me:
1. What’s your favorite genre to read?
Hmmm- fiction. To narrow it into a specific sub genre? Women’s fiction- specifically books dealing with women over the age of 30. I also like cozy mysteries and historical fiction.
2. What other hobbies do you like to do besides reading and blogging?
I like cooking and baking- though I’m a better cook, because baking is very precise, and I like to experiment a bit. I find it very relaxing to look at recipes and choose something to make. I tend to try out new recipes almost every time I cook, so I feel like I’m always learning about a new technique or flavor combination. I also love photography. I rarely go anywhere without my camera, and I love playing with perspective. I love taking photos of flowers, and nature in general- but I honestly don’t know the names of anything I take a pic of.
3. What is your ideal vacation?
My ideal vacation is one that has a little of each of the following: sightseeing, history, kitsch. local food, nature, culture, a spa trip, and just a little time to lay on a chaise and read. This was my trip that I just returned from, except I never got in a spa treatment.
4. Do you have any pets?
Yes, a 9 year old yorkie, Sally, and a 3 year old grey cat, Penny. I love them more than blogging.
5. What is the last movie you saw? Did you like it?
“Dunkirk”. Loved it, even though it is not a dialogue move- and is mostly a story told through images.
6. How long have you been blogging?
Almost 3 months.
7. What is the best book you’ve read in 2017? What is the worst?
Best book: “The Children Hour” by Ian McEwan. It was amazing.
Worst book: “The Sound of Gravel” I don’t love memoirs, especially when the parents are totally dysfunctional. I just want to shake the parents when I read books like this.
8. What book character is your twin?
I would love to say it’s Elizabeth Bennett, because she’s witty and independent- so I’m going with her.
9. Do you prefer to swim in a pool or the ocean?
Pool. I like a controlled environment.
10. What is your favorite genre of music? Favorite musician/band?
I really love all music genres except for death metal and misogynistic rap, but I’m a rock and roll girl at heart. Presently, I never turn off U2, The Goo Goo Dolls and Adele
11. Do you prefer the country or the city?
Hmmm. Let me think about this. I LOVE the city. It is the air that I breath. But I enjoy being out in the country when I get the chance.
My questions for bloggers are:
1. What’s your favorite food?
2. Describe your perfect date.
3. What do you do to relax?
4. Are you a morning person or a night person?
5. What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
6. Are there any apps that you love or are you “anti-app”?
7. Do you have a favorite fictional mystery detective? If you don’t like mysteries, who is your favorite fictional character?
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
9. Describe your favorite memory from childhood.
10. Choose three adjectives that best describe you.
11. What was worst date you ever went on?
I nominate the following bloggers:
I chose blogs that I would like to get to know a little more about!
As always- if you don’t want to participate- no worries! This is supposed to be fun, not an assignment!